Sr. Professional Engineer
A Senior Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department’s Capital Delivery Division. The position will serve in the capacity of a Senior Project Manager to lead teams comprised of engineering consultants, inspectors, and graduate engineers in the management and execution of complex and dynamic arterial projects. These projects include: roadway and sidewalk paving, drainage and bridge design; intersection and safety improvements; water/sewer line relocations; street lighting; railroad crossings and streetscape infrastructure improvements. The Senior Professional Engineer provides direct support to the Engineering Manager and will assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, goals and objectives; monitor work activities; and make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures. The ideal candidate must be able to work within very tight time constraints, and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, the ability to work independently under the direction of an Engineering Manager; and possess good oral and written communication skills.
The Senior Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for performing project management and professional civil engineering work to deliver arterial infrastructure projects as listed previously, while coordinating with a variety of stakeholders to deliver projects on schedule and on budget.
- Creating the project management plan for each project (including the project charter, risk register, and communication plan); managing the scope, schedule, and budget of each project.
- Undertaking design reviews of consultant prepared construction drawings and specifications;
- Conducting design review meetings and public meetings.
- Managing professional services and construction contracts.
- Performing construction management; processing amendments, change orders and task orders.
- Reviewing and approving payment requests; and performing other tasks as needed while utilizing City of Fort Worth software/systems and processes.
- Assisting in the development and growth of younger engineers as well as providing input to executive leadership in the enhancement of our City processes and creation of work instructions.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field.
- Municipal government and supervisory experience
- Comprehensive capital project delivery program in design, construction, inspection and close out.
- Contract administration of major roadway projects which include storm water systems, traffic safety features; intersection improvements including signals and roundabouts; and water/sewer facilities.
- High expertise in the application of Federal, State and Industry standards and guidelines such AASHTO, MUTCD, ITE trip generation guide, ADA and NCHRP report 672.
- Five (5) years of experience in street design and preparing contract documents.
- Five (5) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Five (5) years of experience on major roadway design and construction projects and/or infrastructure design/review of private development projects.
- Experience in the requirements of Federally funded projects.
- Local Government Project Procedures (LGPP) qualification
- Understanding of the PMBOK, an industry-recognized project management standard
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification