Senior Engineer/Project Manager – Water Resources Engineer
WEST Consultants, Inc., a premier firm in water resources engineering, is seeking energetic and ambitious applicants qualified to apply for a senior/project manager level engineer position in our San Diego, CA location.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct hydrologic, hydraulic, geomorphic, sediment transport, and water quality analyses.
- Develop numerical models for hydrologic, hydraulic, sediment transport, and water quality studies.
- Design hydraulic structures.
- Delineate flood hazards.
- Design stormwater management facilities.
- Prepare technical reports and documents.
- Participate in business development/marketing.
- Participate in the creation/review of office proposals, project schedules, budgets, project milestones.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external clients.
Minimum 10-25 years related experience.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering or water resources related field is required.
- P.E. registration required.
In addition to being enthusiastic about working in the field of water resources, the successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & manage time as well as work as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with HEC and other numerical models.
WEST offers a competitive benefits package. We pay 100% of employee health insurance premiums (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability), we offer a 401k match, and we provide many other benefits including but not limited to Flexible Spending Account plans, an Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance Program, and more.