Professional Engineer-Stormwater Planning
City of Fort Worth - TPW Stormwater Management
A Professional Engineer job is available with the City of Fort Worth, Transportation and Public Works department within the Stormwater Management Program planning team.
The Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
Support with reviewing technical reports, developing conceptual hydraulic models to identify potential solutions and priorities for stormwater problems in the city.Managing data in GIS and other databases.
Candidate may also have the opportunity to assist with reviewing capital improvement plans, managing contracts, and identifying partnership opportunities with other city departments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering and four years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience, including two years in stormwater management.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or ability to secure Texas registration within six months of employment. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Knowledge of HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Infoworks ICM and other industry standard hydrology and hydraulic modeling software for urban flood analysis
- Ability to interpret Design Criteria Manual, and other Stormwater and Floodplain Management guidelines.
- Ability to perform data analysis using MS Excel
- Ability to prepare presentations using MS powerpoint
- Ability to create clear, concise reports regarding engineering issues using MS Word
- Ability to work on computer every day in desktop and sharepoint environments
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Willingness to learn new software and other technical skills
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.