Flood Field Representative IV – Community Hazard Mitigation
ISO's Community Hazard Mitigation Division implemented the National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS), a voluntary incentive program that assesses a community's ability to mitigate flood damage. ISO continues to work with the CRS to encourage community floodplain-management activities that exceed minimum NFIP requirements.
Its three main goals are to:
- reduce flood losses
- facilitate accurate insurance ratings
- promote the awareness of flood insurance.
CRS activities fall into four categories:
- public information — advising people about flood hazards and how to reduce flood damage
- mapping and regulations — increasing protections for new development with various programs
- flood damage reduction — reducing the flood risk to existing development
- flood preparedness — implementing flood warnings and dam safety programs.
Due to the continued growth of the Community Rating System (CRS) program, we currently have a need for a Flood Mitigation Analyst (CRS Specialist) to cover the South Carolina area. The CRS program is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then this position is for you. The primary responsibilities involve visiting communities to collect flood information, preparing reports in accordance with established standards, and representing ISO at meeting involving community officials.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
- Experience with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), floodplain management (i.e. through community planning).
- College degree in business, engineering or similar discipline preferred and/or proven experience in flood plain mitigation.
- Excellent customer service, strong math, and verbal/written communication skills are required.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic and able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification is desirable.
This position requires a valid driver’s license and some overnight travel, and you will work from your home office to complete all work assignments.
This is a regional position. NC, SC