The Association of State Floodplain Managers (ASFPM) is seeking to fill its Finance Manager role which is responsible for maintaining and managing the Association’s financial system; managing the Association’s financial obligations and records for projects/grants; assisting in annual budget preparation and compliance, preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements for staff and ASFPM’s Board of Directors, and preparing and processing payroll, benefits changes, timekeeping records; as well as providing financial support for ASFPM’s Foundation.
- Manage and maintain the Association’s financial system/platform including:
- Manage and coordinate the Association’s accounting records, including payroll, taxes, and audit preparation and oversight
- Manage and coordinate the Association’s procurement process and process expense reports/travel vouchers
- Provide administrative and financial management and accounting support to the ASFPM Foundation
- Develop/update/maintain accounting procedures and systems
- Manage and maintain the Association’s financial obligations in regards to projects and grants
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable tracking per project/grant ID
- Provide information to project team(s) or produce submittals directly to the Grantor as scheduled (i.e. quarterly financial reports) per agreed terms, includes preparation of percent of effort calculations for payroll, taxes, and benefits
- Establish clear and concise audit trail; lead role in preparing for annual single audit and periodic grantor financial reviews Lead role in preparing and negotiating indirect cost rate (approx. every three years)
- Assist with preparation of annual budget, as well as year-end reports for reporting and annual audit
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget reports – included, but not limited to: cash flow, treasurer’s report, profit and loss, and participate in treasurer’s meeting and board meetings
- Prepare and process payroll, timekeeping reports, retirement and benefit changes
- General office administration including administrative support, answering telephone calls, conference and event preparation, travel, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years related experience and progressive responsibility in financial management, accounting, budgeting, and/or bookkeeping.
Experience leading and implementing multiple initiatives.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.Experience analyzing and interpreting financial reports Experience developing and administering departmental budget(s) or equivalent CPA or CMA and/or relevant experience Experience and/or knowledge of non-profit finance and accounting Knowledge and experience with state and federal grants specific to fiscal tracking and management, reporting and regulations Superior attention to detail Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative or advisory role
We offer the best benefits package in the Madison area! Family wellness: our healthcare plan covers you and your family with full health, vision, and dental insurance - we cover 75% of premiums for employees and dependents, pre-funded HSA accounts, retirement matching up to 5%.Flexible vacation policy: we trust everybody to get work done and manage their own work/life balance - we start you with 3-weeks paid vacation and don’t micromanage your days off Paid holidays, sick leave and family leave, maternity and paternity leave