Maintaining Certification Status For ASFPM CFM
In response to the COVID-19 situation, having virtual options for CECs is more important than ever. We have added a new ASFPM Webinar Sprint and clarified all options for virtual training on our Training Tab of our website. Please look for future virtual training options over the next few weeks. Be safe.
Certifications awarded by ASFPM remain in effect for a two-year period. At the end of two years, each CFM must submit a Renewal Application, Continuing Education Credit documentation, and renewal fee to ASFPM. When these conditions are met, a two-year renewal will be issued.
- Submittal of renewal application;
- Submittal of renewal fee;
- Submittal of proof of 16 CECs within the previous 24 months
When these conditions are met, a two-year renewal will be issued.
- Approximately one year prior to the biennial renewal, the CFM holder will receive a reminder email discussing the CEC requirements and renewal process;
- Approximately three months prior to the end of the two-year cycle the CFM holder will receive a notification, renewal application and CEC forms to renew (if applicable);
- The CFM holder will submit her/his renewal application, renewal fee and CEC activity documentation to ASFPM for review;
- Individuals meeting the required renewal criteria will be sent a new CFM certificate;
- Those not fulfilling the required renewal criteria by their renewal due date will be decertified and notified.
- ASFPM conferences, workshops and training sessions
- ASFPM webinars
- ASFPM chapters or associations’ conferences and sponsored training sessions
- State or federal agency or private sector training courses
- FEMA & EMI training, independent study and webinars
- Teaching flood-related courses
- Authoring/co-authoring a peer-reviewed published journal article or ASFPM Technical White Paper related to flooding
- Membership in a flood-related Professional/Technical Association
- Redvector- online training. See Redvector for more information
- Retrofitting/flood proofing workshops and training sessions
- National Flood Insurance Program Community Rating System training
- Disaster response training sessions