NFIP Regulatory Standards
Regulatory Administrative Procedures
Flood Hazard Mitigation
Natural and Beneficial Functions
Overall context of Floodplain Management
- Minimum of two years of full-time floodplain management experience;
- Higher education degree in a related field; and
- Completed the four-day 0273 Managing Floodplain Development through the National Flood Insurance Program course, AND, FEMA 480.
The following fees have been established in compliance with ASFPM Policy: CFM® Fee Schedule:
|Application packet, processing, & exam||$480||$100|
|Re-take Exam Fee||$50||$50|
|Biennial Renewal Fee||$500||$120 ($80 early bird discount)|
|Late Renewal Fee||$75||$75|
1. An applicant can become a member of ASFPM at the same time they apply for the exam. Download the one page
membership application at www.floods.org
2. * To be eligible for the discounted member exam or renewal rate the applicant needs to be an individual member or student
(full time enrollment) member of ASFPM at the time of application and throughout the duration of the certification period.
Corporate, Agency, and Chapter Partners do not make an applicant eligible for the member rate in this certification process.
3. When an applicant cancels from a scheduled exam, with at least two weeks notice to the ASFPM Executive Office, he/she
may receive a 50% refund. No refund will be given if the cancellation occurs with less than two weeks notice. An exam
may be rescheduled within 1 year.