The primary function of this position is to oversee, direct, plan, schedule, and administer the County’s Mitigation Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops, writes, and administers State and Federal grants to remediate flood impacts and enhance resiliency including but not limited to: Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) which assists in implementing long-term hazard mitigation planning and projects following a Presidential major disaster declaration; Pre-Disaster Mitigation Grant Program (PDM) which provides funds for hazard mitigation planning and projects on an annual basis; Flood Mitigation Assistance Grant Program (FMA) which provides funds for planning projects to reduce or eliminate risk of flood damage to buildings that are insured under NFIP on an annual basis; and Building Resilient infrastructure and Communities (BRIC); and other programs as may be available to accomplish:
- Elevation structures above minimum flood elevations
- Mitigation reconstruction
- Second floor conversion of residential structures
- Acquisition and relocation of flood-prone structures
- Buy-outs of flood-prone structures and returning land areas to natural open space
- Purchase and rehabilitation of housing
- Develop, manage, and monitor community projects and budgets, as assigned
- Assist in Development and update of Post Disaster Redevelopment Plans, Hazard Mitigation Plans, and Disaster Housing Strategy
- Assist with Emergency Management on updating the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and other County Operational Emergency Management
- Assist with County Local Mitigation Strategy planning
- Assist in Sustainability Action Plan items from the 5-year work
- Promote effective hazard mitigation through community education, outreach, training, and coordination with the public and private
- Initiates all agenda items for Mitigation in the MinuteTraq system (including all backup).
- Monitors and administers all programs and contracts
- Reviews and approves vendor
- Reviews and handles all Requests For Proposals for Mitigation including but not limited to distribution of bids; addendums; bid openings; and Selection Committees.
- Performs other related job duties, as assigned
Associate degree or two-year college equivalent. 5 to 7 years minimum amount of prior related experience. A combination of education and experience may substitute for the formal education requirements.
Certification in Floodplain Management (CFM) is required.