SAME DAY EVENTS:
E190 ArcGIS for Emergency Managers
|12/18/2017 - 12/21/2017 |
|E705 Fundamentals of Grants Management
|Location: Emmitsburg, MD
This is a 3-day resident course
Emergency Management Institute (EMI)
National Emergency Training Center (NETC)
16825 S. Seton Ave.
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
This course is designed for FEMA grantees and sub-grantees. It includes discussion and activities to improve the ability of FEMA grantees to administer Federal grant funding.
Selection Criteria: Participants
must be FEMA grantees or sub-grantees ONLY. Invitations and course
announcements are sent to grantees directly from the Grants Programs
- Improve collaboration across disciplines to integrate grants management functions.
- Review applicable cost principles and navigate and apply the FEMA Code of Federal Regulations and FEMA Information Bulletins.
- Apply sound business practices to increase efficiency and meet grants management priorities.
- Develop or revise policies, procedures, and practices in critical areas of grants management.
- Prepare for Federal monitoring and conduct sub-grantee monitoring.
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
Course attendance is free, but registration is required. NOTE: NO STIPEND OR TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THIS COURSE. Students must be grant recipients, and are allowed to use Management and Administrative (M&A) grant funds for training with approval from Program Analyst (Headquarters or Region).
Register here, create a FEMA Student Identification Number (if you don't already have one), then follow instructions to apply for an on-campus course. Applications should be submitted a least 4 weeks prior to the course date. Admissions: 301-447-1000, email@example.com. Applicants should wait for their confirmation letter from EMI with their admission status prior to making travel arrangements.