SAME DAY EVENTS:
L101 Foundations of Emergency Management
|10/4/2017 - 10/6/2017 |
|L550 Continuity of Operations Planning
|Location: Durant, OK
This course is based on the guidance to the Federal Executive Branch departments and agencies for developing Continuity of Operations (COOP) Plans and Programs. COOP Plans facilitate the performance of essential functions during any situation which may disrupt normal operations. This course provides the skills and knowledge to improve the overall quality and workability of COOP Plans.
Selection Criteria: Participation is open to Federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal government employees responsible for managing a COOP Program.
- Correctly recognize the background policy regarding continuity that affects development of continuity plans for reference in plan development.
- Develop a strategy to create a continuity plan using available requirements, guidance, and tools.
- Recognize and incorporate all the key elements of a viable continuity plan.
- Explain the four phases of continuity and relate their application to the continuity planning process in your organization.
- Recognize factors that affect plan maintenance and distribution strategies based upon factors identified through best practices, requirements, and guidance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts and strategies for developing, implementing, and updating a continuity plan and adhering to requirements and guidance by passing the final exam with a score of at least 70%.
Prerequisites: IS0547.a, Introduction to Continuity of Operations; or E0548, Continuity of Operations Planning Program Manager Train-the-Trainer Course Recommended: IS0235.c, Emergency Planning
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
create a FEMA Student Identification Number (if you don't already have
one), then follow instructions to apply for an on-campus course.
Applications should be submitted a least 4 weeks prior to the course
date. Admissions: 301-447-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for conferences on this date.