SAME DAY EVENTS:
E361 Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools
|7/23/2018 - 7/26/2018 |
|E209 State Recovery Planning & Coordination
|Location: Emmitsburg, MD
This is a 4 day resident course
Emergency Management Institute (EMI)
16825 S. Seton Ave.
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
This course provides participants with skills and knowledge to lead a state in pre-disaster recovery planning.
Selection Criteria: This course is intended for personnel from various states and tribes who are involved, or could be involved, with recovery planning and coordination.
- Articulate the importance of pre-disaster recovery planning.
- Describe pre-disaster planning concepts, doctrine, and linkages.
- Describe the role of the governor's office and State Disaster Recovery Coordinator.
- Describe the different agencies and organizations that are critical recovery stakeholders, and explain why.
- Describe state-appropriate structure for recovery.
- Describe which partners can be involved as participants in their recovery structure.
- Promote self-reliance at the local and tribal levels through their employment of a recovery planning process.
- Determine which state resources already exist to support recovery.
- Explain the topical elements that a recovery plan should include.
Required Prerequisites: Completion of Independent Study (IS) Course:
CECs: 12 Core CECs for CFMs
attendance is free, but registration is required. If admitted to the
course, FEMA will reimburse local, state, U.S. territory, and tribal
government employees for transportation to attend the course, provide
free lodging on campus, and free shuttle to/from nearby airports to the
EMI campus. The only out of pocket cost for local, state, U.S.
territory, and tribal government employees to participate will be for
their time, and the on-campus meal ticket (approximately $110/week).
create a FEMA Student Identification Number (if you don't already have
one), then follow instructions to apply for an on-campus course.
Applications should be submitted a least 4 weeks prior to the course
301-447-1000, email@example.com. Applicants should wait for
their confirmation letter from EMI with their admission status prior to
making travel arrangements.