SAME DAY EVENTS:
L101 Foundations of Emergency Management
E101 Foundations of Emergency Management
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Understanding Advanced Stormwater Management Techniques (Course: EW0303CA18)
|10/23/2017 - 10/26/2017 |
|L278 National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) / Community Rating System (CRS)
|Location: Wichita, KS
|Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Kansas Department of Agriculture/Division of Water Resources & FEMA & ISO
This is a 4-day field deployed version of FEMA's E278 Course
This course will describe eligible credit activities from the CRS Coordinator’s Manual, explains how a community applies to join Community Rating System (CRS) and how a community may modify an application to improve its classification. Learn how to earn CRS points while also reducing flood risk and better educating your citizens.
- Describe how to join the CRS program and improve community CRS classifications.
- Identify ways to earn CRS points by reducing and avoiding flood damage to insurable property.
- Understand how to take full advantage of available CRS points as you strengthen and support the insurance aspects of NFIP.
- Describe how to gain CRS points by fostering comprehensive floodplain management.
Target Audience: Local and tribal government officials, regional planning officials, NFIP state staff, FEMA regional office staff, and others interested in learning about the CRS should attend this class. You will learn how to provide technical assistance for your community if seeking to apply for CRS enrollment or to increase your current credit points.Prerequisites:
- You must have 2 years of floodplain management experience or basic knowledge of the NFIP, OR
- You must have completed the E/L 273, Managing Floodplain Development Through the National Flood Insurance Program, OR
- You must be a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM).
CECs: 12 CECs for CFMs
Free, but registration is required.
Steve Samuelson at 785-296-4622, email@example.com
Registration deadline is Wednesday, August 23, 2017. There are two registration forms for this class. Please complete both forms. Use the attached form to register for this FREE training with Division of Water Resources. Fill out the second form that comes with this email and take that registration form to class with you. To obtain a Student Identification SID number visit https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid. Failing to fill out the form with an SID number means you won’t get continued education credits for the course.
Class size is limited to 35 and will be on a first come basis. Students will be notified of the class address and other information after registration. Please direct questions and registration forms to:
Kansas Department of Agriculture
6531 SE Forbes Ave., Suite B
Topeka, KS 66619
How do I obtain my FEMA SID number?
Step 1: To register, go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
Step 2: Click on the "Register for a FEMA SID" box.
Step 3: Follow the instructions and provide the necessary information to create your account. you will receive an email with your SID number. Put that number in box 3 on the FEMA registration form.
|Attached File: Training_L278_Oct 2017.pdf|
|Attached File: ff_119_25_2_75_5a.pdf|