SAME DAY EVENTS:
North Carolina Association of Floodplain Managers (NCAFPM) Fall Floodplain Institute
Wisconsin Assn. for Floodplain, Stormwater, & Coastal Mgmt. (WAFSCM) Conference
|10/24/2017 - 10/26/2017 |
|New Jersey Assn. of Floodplain Management (NJAFM) Conference,
"Navigating the Waters of Change"
|Location: Atlantic City, NJ
New Jersey Assn. of Floodplain Management (NJAFM)
Bally's Hotel & Casino - Atlantic City
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
For any attendee or sponsor interested in staying over the course of this year’s conference, the NJAFM was able to secure a block of rooms at discounted rates at both Bally’s and Caesars. Please review the brief hotel information below, and follow the button linked below to the room reservation portal for this year’s conference room reservations. Reserve a room now.
Tuesday, October 24
Participate in our moderated technical consulting session, including featured speakers from federal, state and local agencies. Discussion topics include:
Wednesday, October 25
- Flood Mapping
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- FEMA Region II
- Coordinating Building Codes and Floodplain Management Regulations
- NJDEP, Land Use Regulations
- Water Resources/Flood Modeling
- Coastal Vulnerability Assessments
- Structural Flood Risk Evaluations
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- Plenary Session 1: New Directions in Floodplain Management
- Concurrent Technical Session 1
- Keynote luncheon
- Concurrent Technical Session 2
- Plenary Session 2: Mitigation Successes and Ongoing Challenges
- Exhibitor Social Networking Event
Keynote Speaker: Commander Kirk Lippold, USN (Ret.)
- Plenary Session 3: Incorporating Flood Mitigation into Infrastructure Projects
- Concurrent Technical Session 3
- NJAFM Awards Luncheon
- Ethics Training for Professional Engineers & CFMs
- CFM Exam
Click here for more information.
$375 NJAFM Member
$325 Local Official NJAFM Member
Click here for trainings on this date.
Click here for conferences on this date.
Click here for webinars on this date.