SAME DAY EVENTS:
Iowa Water Conference
|3/4/2012 - 3/6/2012 |
|Virginia Water Conference
|Location: Richmond, VA
Virginia Floodplain Management Association (VFMA) & Virginia Lakes and Watersheds Association (VLWA)
Holiday Inn Select Kroger Conference Center
Recent conferences have provided an excellent opportunity to learn about current local, state, and federal regulations and practices in floodplain management. The conference is typically attended by more than 200 professionals from the public and private sectors, with over 300 professionals in attendance at the 2011 conference.
3D Flood Model Workshop - March 6th at 2:00PM
- Canal Modeling
- Developing FIS Flood Hazard Parameters from Non-Traditional Models
- Evaluating Cost Effectiveness of 2D Modeling for Watershed-based Studies
- Floodplain Managers and 2D Models
- Harvesting Nutrients & Sediment from Flood Control BMPs
- Mapping BMPs to Their Impaired Water Bodies
- ASFPM Foundation
- Update on Non-Regulatory FEMA Risk MAP Flood Risk Products
- Region III Coastal Study - Overland Wave Mapping
- Region III Coastal Study - Storm Surge Modeling
- CRS Panel Discussion
- Hazard Mitigation Plans in Virginia
- Real Solutions for Flood Mitigation with Funding
- Building Local Flood Awareness using NFIP's FloodSmart Tools
- Silver Jackets
- Determine Your Flood Stage
- USGS FIMI
- Real time & Forecast Models for Flood Emergency Management and Reservoir Operation
- USGS Mobile Storm-Surge Sensor Network
- Correlation of Effective and Measured Discharges: A Case Study for Hurricane Irene
- Impact of Sub-Basin Size on Rainfall-Runoff Model Results
- Updated Flood Frequency Analysis in Northern Virginia
- Levee Accreditation Review
New in 2012! VFMA has recently purchased a table top display or 3D model for use in offering floodplain management training. We have scheduled a training session on the use of the model to include instructions on reserving the model for school visits, public meetings, and other types of outreach activities. The training session on the 3D model will be offered on March 6th from 2:00pm - 4:00pm. Details will be posted at the VFMA table in the exhibit hall. This is a "members only" training session and is limited to the first 15 VFMA members to contact Don Rissmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve a space. If you are interested in using our new 3D model in the coming year, you need to stay for this free training session.
$195 Regular Registration
$75 Student Registration
Click here for more information about registration.
Click here for trainings on this date.
Click here for conferences on this date.